Taking an L means taking a loss. In this sense, you catch an L if you say/do something stupid or, if you try to sound intelligent but are proved wrong. Many believe RiceGum invented this term, but he in fact did not. He's used this term in some of his diss tracks and videos. His fanbase is known for spamming the letter L on the instagram profiles of people he roasts. They even spam them if they roast him first and he hasn't responded yet. When Mackenzie Ziegler roasted him, Bryan didn't respond at first. He looked at her instagram profile and she was already getting spammed with L's.
Uses of L
- "Everyone that tried me, they caught an L." - TheyLoveArii diss track
- "Sike, I'm just here to give you this L" - Jacob Sartorius diss track
- "I don't take Ls" - Taylor Caniff Wants To Fight Me
- "Everyone's been hyping it up, they're saying I took my first L" Jesse and Andy diss track
- "I can't even count how many times I gave an L" - Madison Beer diss track
- (Reading Travis Barker's instagram post) "He said he's gonna give me the biggest fuckin' L and I don't take any L's man."
- "Thanks everyone for watching! You guys really did stay up late to watch me get a L. See you guys tomorrow <3" Bryan via Twitter
- "Tonight was a night full of L's." Bryan via Twitter
- "Good stream! Thank you for 50k on YT ! Did take a bit of L's tonight :[ but IT WAS FUN THANKS FOR WATCHING" Bryan via Twitter
- "Imma try to take zero L's in 2016" Bryan via Twitter
- "People are giving me L's because I got roasted. BUT I DID IT myself but THATS NOT FAIR IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT" Bryan via Twitter